In House Lawyer
Brisbane — QLD
This interesting role will see you work across native title law, corporations law, contract law, trusts law and property law.
- Government funded organisation
- Training and mentoring on offer from industry experts
- Opportunity to partner with the business, which is Queensland centric
On offer is a great opportunity for a Legal Counsel join a collaborative team in Brisbane's CBD. Our client is a government funded organisation which is enhancing the capability of Traditional Owners to be autonomous in pursuing and exercising native title rights. Our client provides native title services as prescribed by the Native Title Act as well as advocating for reform and improvement of the native title system.
This role will see you working across a broad range of matters while you partner with different internal and external stakeholders. We would like to talk to candidates with backgrounds in native title law, corporations law, contract law, trusts law and property law. Candidates will need to be able to travel around Queensland as they will undertake field trips to liaise with native title groups and facilitate settlement negotiations with relevant stakeholders.
If you are looking for a working environment that will foster your career growth then apply today. You could enjoy your days at work and reap rewards.
The work mix includes:
- drafting, reviewing, and negotiating agreements and other legal documentation in all areas of the business;
- working on documents to progress native title claims and agreements, including in the form of: legal workshops, legal submissions and presentations, native title claimant applications, documents and pleadings for tribunals and courts, briefs to Barristers, and reports to clients;
- preparing claims for mediation, and represent claimants in mediation, negotiations and legal proceedings;
- undertake negotiations with mining and exploration companies, other proponents and third parties in relation to Future Act and cultural heritage matters;
- take statements from potential witnesses, perform analysis and produce reports to inform preparation of native title claims, Indigenous Land Use and ‘Future Acts’ agreements; and
- managing the governance and fulfilment of regulatory obligations.
Candidates with working knowledge of Future Act, cultural heritage and native title matters will be highly regarded.
It is an exciting diverse role with high-level interaction with the business and senior stakeholders. The legal team fosters a 'team spirited' approach and professional career development is on offer!
To find out more, get in touch with the team at DiMention Recruitment today and quote reference '160321B'.
RESPOND WITH CONTACT FORM
If you would like to apply for this position please complete the below form and upload your cover letter and CV.
Please ensure you send your CV in Word format. Confidentiality and discretion are important to us. DiMention Recruitment assures that your details will never be passed on without your consent.
"A smile is the shortest distance between two people."